MTA ANNOUNCES PUBLIC MEETINGS SCHEDULE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BALTIMORE, MD (DECEMBER 1, 2011) —The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) is seeking public input on a new schedule for the MARC Train Brunswick Line.
The MTA worked closely with CSX management which operates the Brunswick Line to produce a new schedule. The revised schedule is designed to improve on-time performance, provide better spacing between trains and more accurately reflect dwell times at each stop.
MARC Train staff will host a series of Town Hall and Meet the Manager events starting December 5, 2011 at locations along the Brunswick Line to inform passengers about the proposed changes. The public is invited to review and discuss the schedule as well as offer comments.
PUBLIC OUTREACH SCHEDULE:
- December 5 – Rockville MARC Station, 4:00-6:30 p.m.
- December 7 - Silver Spring MARC Station, 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- December 8 – Monocacy MARC Station, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- December 13 – Washington Union Station, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- December 14 - Brunswick MARC Station, 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- December 15 – MARC Riders Advisory Council meeting, 4:30-6:00 p.m., Hall of States, 444 North Capitol Street, Washington
- December 20 – Germantown MARC Station, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- January 3, Brunswick Town Hall Meeting, 5-8:00 p.m., Brunswick VFW
- January 4, Barnesville Meet the MARC Management, Barnesville MARC Station, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- January 5, Kensington Town Hall Meeting, 4:00-7 p.m., Kensington Town Hall
- January 7 - West Virginia (location TBD in Charles Town), 1:00-4:00 p.m.
For more information on MTA service, visit the MTA website at www.mta.maryland.gov. Customers can also call the MTA Transit Information Center Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. at 410-539-5000. (TTY 410-539-3497) To sign-up for e-mail about service modifications and delays, click “e-mail notification” at www.mta.maryland.gov.
Terry Owens John M. Wesley
Office: 410-767-3936 Office: 410-767-3935
Cellular: 443-804-8522 Cellular: 443-418-5732