MTA ANNOUNCES WINTER LOCAL BUS SCHEDULE CHANGES EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 10, 2013
BALTIMORE, MD (FEBRUARY 8, 2013) – The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) has announced winter service improvements to 23 local bus routes starting on February 10, 2013. For a complete list of schedule and bus stop changes please visit the MTA website or click here. All changes are made in an effort to improve the quality of service and follow a series of hearings and public input. The changes include 12 new route schedules and the removal of 48 bus stops. The MTA has approximately 7,900 bus stops.
Nos 1, 4, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 21, 22, 27, and 35.
New Bus Stops Added
Nos. 5, 5X, 24
• Westbound on Sinclair Lane at Coleman Ave.
• Eastbound and westbound on Park Circle Drive at Race Rd.
• Southbound on Eutaw Place at Presstman St.
• Northbound on Rowe Blvd. at Taylor St.
Removed Bus Stops
Nine lines affected: 3, 10, 11, 19, 19x, 35, 36, 61, 120
• Remove 18 stops.
• Remove 22 stops
Relocated Bus Stops
• Westbound on Frederick Ave. at Brunswick Ave. Relocate to Frederick Ave. at Eastlynne Ave.
Nos. 5, 5X, 24
• Eastbound on Sinclair Lane at Gladden Ave. Relocate to Sinclair Lane at Coleman Ave.
For the latest information on MTA service passengers are urged to check the MTA website at www.mta.maryland.gov. Customers can also call the MTA Transit Information Center Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. at 410-539-5000. TTY 410-539-3497. To sign-up for email about service modifications and delays, go to www.mta.maryland.gov/enotifications. Visit MTA’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mtamaryland or Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/mtamaryland for more sources of updated information.
Terry Owens: Office - 410-767-3936 Cell - 443-804-8522
Joe Sviatko: Office - 410-767-3935 Cell - 443-418-5732