In anticipation of our customers leaving work early on Wednesday, November 21, the following modifications to MARC service will take place. If a train is not listed below, it will operate as scheduled:
- Train 871 (Friday-only 1:30 pm departure from Union Station) will operate. It will depart Union Station fifteen minutes later at 1:45pm and make all stops through to Martinsburg.
- There will be a 2:40pm departure from Union Station making all stops to Martinsburg.
- In order to operate the above earlier trains, Train 875 (4:25pm departure from Union Station) and Train 879 (5:40pm departure) will not operate.
- The PanTran connecting bus service will meet Train 873 (3:30pm departure) and Train 883 (7:25pm departure) as scheduled.
- There will be a 2:00pm departure from Union Station, making all stops except Laurel Racetrack to Camden Station. Jessup will be a flag stop.
- In order to operate this early train, Train 852 (5:53pm departure from Union Station) will not operate.
- There will be a 2:50pm departure from Union Station making all stops to Perryville.
- In order to operate the 2:50pm extra train, Train 640 (5:25pm departure from Union Station) will not operate. Train 442 (5:50pm departure) will operate through to Martin Airport.
- The larger rush-hour trainsets will be used on trains starting with the 12:20pm departure from Union Station.
All MARC passengers
There will be no MARC Train Service on Thursday, November 22 or Friday, November 23. Passengers that need to travel to Washington are reminded that on holidays, Washington Metrorail parking lots are free and the lower weekend fares are charged. For Penn Line passengers, Amtrak trains do not honor MARC tickets on weekdays that MARC trains do not operate.
The staff of the MARC Train Service wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!