Additional tools and resources for riders.
Click for additional information to the Service Status above.
Mobility/Paratransit service is for citizens who are unable to use Local Bus, Metro/Subway or Light Rail service. Mobility/Paratransit service is provided by the MTA via contracts with Veolia Transportation, MV Transportation, and First Transit Inc. Certified Riders may click here for more information or to use PASS Web.
What's PassWeb? Find out here!
Download Mobility Appplication
If you have any problem accessing this document, please contact us at 410-764-8181.
Mobility/Paratransit is a specialized transit service available to people, who because of a disability are functionally unable to get to a bus stop, wait unassisted at a stop or station or board or ride a bus or train by themselves.
Mobility/Paratransit is a shared ride service offered from the first exterior door of your home or office to the first exterior door of your destination.
Mobility/Paratransit service is available within three quarters (¾) of a mile of any Local Bus route in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel and Baltimore counties and within three quarters (¾) of a mile radius of a Light Rail or Metro/Subway station. This does not include MARC Train or Commuter Bus routes.
Mobility/Paratransit is available on the same days and during the same hours as any Local Bus, Light Rail or Metro/Subway 365 days a year.
Reservations are accepted during normal business hours seven days a week. You may make reservations by calling Mobility/Paratransit at 410-764-8181 or the free TDD 711 Maryland Relay Service. You can always reach the Late Line 24 hours a day seven (7) days a week.
Customer Care is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Certification hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cancellations can be made using the IVR system 24 hours a day seven (7) days a week.
Effective June 25, 2015 the one way fare is $1.90 for eligible riders and their guests. If you are certified to travel with a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) they ride for free. Passengers must pay the exact fare when boarding the bus. A maximum of two children under the age of six (6) may ride free of charge and children over six (6) pay the adult fare of $1.90.
We cannot provide change, nor do we accept round trip fares.
A 20 ride ticket book may be purchased for your convenience at the MTA Transit Store located at 6 Saint Paul Street 1st Floor Baltimore, MD 21202 Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Call the Transit Store for more information at 410-767-3447 or go on line to MTA.maryland.gov/pass-store to purchase the ticket ride book. Tickets never expire and are valid anytime.
All tickets purchased prior to June 25, 2015 will be honored at the reduced price. Customers will not have to pay the additional $0.05.
To qualify for Mobility/Paratransit service applicants must have an impairment that substantially limits their ability to independently access, board or ride other MTA services.
If you think you qualify you should call the Mobility Certification office at 410-764-8181, select Option 6 to request an application or click here to download an application.
Be sure to read the directions before completing your part of the application and then send it to your health care provider to fill out. Be sure that your health care provider gives you the original signed application that includes their license number, then call for an appointment to be interviewed.
The Certification Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are scheduled between 8:15 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Please allow up to 4 hours for your appointment. You may also be asked to participate in a functional or cognitive assessment after your interviewTransportation will be provided to the Mobility Certification Office located at 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, MD 21215
You have the right to an appeal with the Office of Administrative Hearings. You must request the hearing within sixty (60) days of the date on the determination letter. Download a Request for Hearing form.
Mail or facsimile the complete form to:
Office of Administrative Hearings
Administrative Law Building
11101 Gilroy Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
ATTN: MISC Unit
1. You will be notified of the date of your hearing. You should appear in person at your hearing. You may bring others with you to testify on your behalf at the hearing. MTA Mobility will assist with transportation to and from the hearing itself. MTA staff will also be at the hearing.
2. You may present additional information regarding your disability. You may also wish to prepare questions that you wish to ask of the MTA staff and you may have a lawyer present at the hearing. Upon request, the MTA will provide documents related to your appeal in advance of the hearing.
3. The MTA does not offer Paratransit service pending the determination of your appeal if you are a new applicant. MTA will provide you with transportation to the hearing if requested. If the decision has not been made by the Office of Administrative Hearings within 30 days of your hearing, MTA Mobility will provide Paratransit service to you from that time, until the hearing decision is made.
4. Applicants denied recertification will be provided paratransit service from the date that the MTA is notified of the Appeal by the Office of Administrative Hearings until the hearing decision is made.
5. Applicants granted temporary or conditional eligibility will have Mobility service from the date of the original determination.
6. Failure to appear at a scheduled hearing may result in dismissal of appeal.
If you are a visitor with a disability, the MTA will be happy to assist you use the Mobility / Paratransit service for up to 21 days each year. Simply fax us your eligibility determination letter from your service provider to 410-764-8509. We need to know your name, and when you want to travel and how we should send you information confirming your eligibility for Mobility. It may take up to 3 days to process so please plan ahead.
If you have not been certified by another transit system and wish to use our service, please tell us what mobility device you use or provide a doctor’s note confirming a disability along with the information requested above.