MARC Penn Line schedule change March 25
On Monday, March 25, there was a schedule change on the MARC Penn Line. While the overall on-time performance of the Penn Line has been good, there are a few trains that are routinely experiencing delays. Making these adjustments will improve on-time performance. In addition, the changes to Trains 436 and 538 will provide an additional one seat ride from New Carrollton and Odenton to points north of Baltimore.
The major changes are outlined below.
- Train 641 (formerly the 4:00pm departure from Martin Airport) will leave 10 minutes earlier, but serve scheduled stops Penn Station and south at the same times.
- Train 436 (formerly the 5:10pm departure from Union Station) was extended to Perryville, stopping at Martin Airport, Edgewood, Aberdeen and Perryville and was renumbered Train 536. It retains its current stops south of Baltimore (New Carrollton, Odenton, and Halethorpe).
- Train 538 (formerly the 5:20pm departure from Union Station) now terminates in Baltimore and was renumbered Train 438. It retains its current stops south of Baltimore (BWI Marshall Airport and West Baltimore).
- Train 640 (formerly the 5:25pm departure from Union Station) now terminates at Penn Station and has been renumbered Train 440.
- Train 442 (formerly the 5:50pm departure from DC) now operates through to Martin Airport and was renumbered Train 642.
- Train 425 (formerly the 9:40am departure from Penn Station) now departs 15 minutes earlier.
- Train 427 (formerly the 10:50am departure from Penn Station) now departs 20 minutes earlier and has added Halethorpe and Seabrook stops.
Copies of the new schedule are available by clicking here. Paper copies are available at stations.
Thank you for riding the MARC Train Service.