New Starts Projects
The Purple Line is a proposed 16-mile light rail line extending from New Carrollton in Prince George's County to Bethesda in Montgomery County. It would provide a direct connection to the Metrorail Red, Green and Orange Lines. The Purple Line would also connect to MARC Train, Amtrak and local bus services.
Corridor Cities Transitway (CCT) is a 15 mile bus rapid transit system in Montgomery County, Maryland for the COMSAT facility just south of Clarksburg, Maryland to the Shady Grove Metro Station. The project has two phases. Phase I is nine miles from the Metropolitan Grove MARC station to Shady Grove. This phase is actively underway, is currently proceeding with engineering and environmental analysis, and is funded for preliminary design, final design, and right-of-way acquisition. Phase II is six miles long and would be a future extension from Metropolitan Grove to the COMSAT facility.
The Southern Maryland Rapid Transit Project is a potential 18-mile rapid transit line extending from Branch Avenue Metro Station in Prince George's County to Waldorf and White Plains in Charles County. It would provide a direct connection to the Metrorail Green Line for businesses, employers and residents of the MD 5 Corridor.
- Kirk Division Modernization Projects - Upcoming Community Meeting
- TIGER 8: North Avenue Rising
- MARC: BWI Rail Station Improvements and Fourth Track Project
- MARC: Halethorpe Station
- MARC: Growth and Investment Plan 2013-2050
- MARC: Maintenance Facility
- Local Bus: Kirk Division Modernization Project
- Capital Beltway South Side Transit Study
- Baltimore Region Rail System Plan Final Report
- Southern Maryland Transit Corridor Preservation Study
- Takoma Langley Crossroads Transit Center
- Bethesda Utility Relocations
- Ongoing Improvement Projects