Inauguration 2017 - MARC Schedules and Information
MARC Train 2017 Presidential Inauguration
Schedules, fares, and other important information
MARC Train will operate on a special schedule on Friday, January 20, 2017 to transport customers to Washington, DC for the Presidential Inauguration. The regular weekday schedules WILL NOT be in effect. Service will operate on the Penn and Brunswick Lines; there will be no service on the Camden Line. Trains will operate into Washington in the morning only and return from Washington in the evening only.
Please read this website in its entirety for important information regarding schedules, fares, parking, and other important information.
Special schedules will be in effect on January 20, 2017 -- the regular weekday schedules will not operate:
- Click here to download the Penn Line schedule. Trains will operate from Baltimore Penn Station to Washington, stopping at West Baltimore, Halethorpe, BWI Marshall Airport Rail Station, and Odenton. Trains will not stop at Bowie, Seabrook, or New Carrollton; passengers from those stations should use Washington Metrorail. There will be no service from Perryville, Aberdeen, Edgewood, or Martin Airport; passengers may drive to Baltimore or BWI Marshall Airport Rail Station.
- Click here to download the Brunswick Line schedule. Two trains each will operate from Martinsburg and Frederick to Washington, for a total of four trains. The last stop for Brunswick Line trains will be Washington Grove. Trains will not stop at Rockville, Garrett Park, Kensington, or Silver Spring; passengers from those stations should use Washington Metrorail.
- There will be no service on the Camden Line.
All MARC Trains are unreserved, which means that they operate on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is not guaranteed. When trains reach a safe capacity, boarding will be stopped and passengers will be required to wait for the next train.
There are three options for passengers riding MARC Train on Friday, January 20. Please note that Group Fares will not be available for travel on January 20, 2017.
A special commemorative round trip MARC ticket will be sold for $20.00 from Maryland stations and $30.00 from West Virginia stations. These may be purchased at the Odenton and Frederick MARC station up until train departure time on Friday. (Online sales have ended)
Purchase regular MARC one-way tickets. Round trip fares are $16 from Baltimore and West Baltimore, $14 from Halethorpe and BWI Airport, and $12 from Odenton. Please purchase two one-way tickets at the beginning of your trip (MARC does not sell round trip tickets). Tickets may be purchased from a ticket agent at Penn Station, BWI Airport, and Odenton with cash or credit, from the ticket machine at Halethorpe with credit only, and on board the train from the conductor at West Baltimore with cash only.
- MARC weekly and monthly multi-ride tickets will be honored.
Parking is free at most MARC stations. Exceptions are as follows:
- Penn Line: Baltimore Penn Station (full info, including rates) and BWI Marshall Airport Rail Station ($9 flat rate per day)
- Brunswick Line: Martinsburg (contact the City of Martinsburg for more information) and Frederick (adjacent lots available). Please note that parking, while free, is very limited at Dickerson and Boyds stations.
- All transportation providers will be operating under a heightened security alert. Remember the MTA’s safety campaign slogan: “If You See Something, Say Something!” Notify your conductor of any unusual occurrences or unattended luggage. You may also call the MTA Police at 410-454-7720.
- Disorderly or disruptive behavior is not tolerated on board any MARC Train. Passengers exhibiting such behavior will be removed from the train at the next station and will be denied transportation on any MARC Train for the remainder of the day.
- Please refer to the MARC Riders Guide for a full list of MARC Train policies.
Thank you for riding MARC Train and we hope you enjoy your trip.